Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Motivation

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law… If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. – Gal. 5:22-25

A couple of months I was taking part of a parenting Bible study by led by Carl Smith at my church. The parenting class was so helpful and opened my eyes to many things. One of the challenges that Carl Smith presented us with is to pray the Fruits of the Spirit over our family each week. Each week take a fruit of the spirit , such as love and pray about love all week with your family, that your family would demonstrate love to others outside the home and inside the home, etc. The next week pray the fruit of the spirit joy with your family... This has been so humbling in my daily prayers as I pray for these fruits for my family, my husband and my girls. I often feel that I need the most prayer for each of the fruits in my own life. I am striving to be a true Fruit of the Sprit mom, wife, and person each and every day in my life.

No comments: