Saturday, June 11, 2011

Over Under

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge.
- Psalm 91:4


In my Bible I have written next to this passage in Psalm the words, "over under." I once read an explanation of verse 4. This passage is a reminder that I am covered by the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. There is not a hair on my head that doesn't have the protection of the Almighty.

He covers us with his wings and His wings protects us as we hide under them and He offers safety.

The words over and under speak to me. They help visualize that the Lord is both over and under me.

Oh that is sweet.

Under his wings I find refuge from the pain, heartache, loss, and judgement of this world. I find freedom and grace and forgiveness. His wings - His arms - are my refuge from the world.

I can hide here.

That doesn't mean I'm running away. Instead, I'm running into His arms. I'm seeking shelter from the world.

Over under. Over under. Over under. He's over me - covering, protecting, securing me. I'm under His arms. Safely. Securely. Resting in Him.


No comments: