Wednesday, October 26, 2011

have I told you lately...

If you don't like sappy love stories, then I advise you to go ahead and close out of this blog and come back later!! Everything I am about to write is very true and very sappy.
I am sooooo very much in love with my husband. Our marriage has not been bad...but like any married couple, eventually you usually get "used" to one another and the "newness" has worn off. Things get comfortable and it's "okay" if you don't get a hug or kiss here or there. Of all the years that we have been together the past 1 1/2 years have most definitely been the toughest. I struggled with a lot these last 1 1/2 years and I am beyond thankful that Jody stuck by me and stayed strong. He could have very easily given up and pushed me away. He didn't! I love that about him. He is SO dedicated to ME.
There are so many words that I can use to describe Jody. He is genuine, sweet, kind, aggravating, silly, good hearted, softy etc. We were at a point in our relationship where we were just at a standstill. I was here day in and day out. Same routine over and over. Some days it was a struggle. There weren't many "conversations". It's not that we were unhappy or that we fussed, we just let the job, kids and stuff get in the way of us. I have been told many times that traveling for a job either makes or breaks a relationship. It definitely broke and made us. It made us think about our marriage and if it was important to us. We decided it is important to both of us, we are really just two people, madly in love, that really enjoy each others company.

The time he is gone is not easy by any means. I am so thankful for his job and our relationship. I can't stand the time he is gone, but the time he is home is so worth it.
Jody's time away has made me appreciate life more. Appreciate the time I have with him more. I realized what it would be like without him here and how valuable our time together is.... so you have to try to make the best of it. Sure there's going to be down times....and we choose to not let them get to us.

Anyway... I had to say that I am very much in love with my husband and I am very blessed to have God bless me with him. I absolutely cannot imagine him nor our two beautiful daughters not in my life. God knew what he was doing March 20, 1993 when we said, "I Do". He knew what He was doing when He chose us to be Taylor and Aubrey's parents. He knew what He was doing when we were at our most distant time in our relationship these past 1 1/2 years. He knew what He was doing when He put the fire back in "US" and made us, us again. God is Good!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

We are in it til the end!!!

No comments: