Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A song about God's Faithfulness

Today I was thinking about life and the ongoing challenges of each season in life and I thought, "I'm doing a pretty good job running from the Lord." Immediately and confidently I thought: " It doesn't matter.  God is faithful."

Can I just tell you all that I've pondered and meditated and prayed through and thought endlessly about that statement? 

GOD is faithful. 

God IS faithful. 

God is FAITHFUL

He is faithful. 

Whether we're running toward Him or away from Him or just sitting in our pity party, He is faithful. 

These words came to me when I needed to hear them. 


We don't need to have all our stuff together for God to show us His power and perfection and provision. He doesn't wait until we've worked through our issues. He meets us where we're at.


We know this because while we were still sinners, Christ died for us

He is abounding in love and faithfulness

As the image above says, "You were faithful before, You'll be faithful again."

God has been faithful in my life before and I know that His faithfulness has no end. Not faithfulness in that He'll answer my prayers in the way that I want, but God is faithful to walk with me and cover me in His grace every day. He is faithful to receive me just as I am. He is faithful to meet me daily and He is faithful to show up because He is the Living God

Never Once
I suspect most people would reference a song such as this after a difficult season is over with. But I believe God calls us to proclaim that He is faithful in the midst of our trials and struggles. 

May we all walk our journeys with our mouths declaring God's faithfulness with every step. 

According to Matt Redman Never Once is a song he wrote about God's Faithfulness. It is a powerful, beautiful song with lyrics founded in truth. 

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful
God you are faithful



Listen to the song and Matt Redman's story here:
 



No comments: