Well - it's the end of another year.
And I feel the need for an End of Year Post.
So here are some of my TOPS for 2013:
My Top Moments of the Year: (and this is hard to narrow down - I've had so many wonderful moments in 2013)
- memories with our Bethany babies, adoptive families, birth families, and the staff at Bethany
- trips with Jody and celebration of 20 years of marriage and realizing again that he is my best friend and the love of my life
- positive outcome after a very scary health issue with Jody
- being involved with Aroma church
- every single moment with my 2 precious daughters. No way I could pick top moments with them - every day has been amazing experiencing life with them both.
My Top Songs for the Year
I love music - it inspires me and speaks to me. I like to listen to pop music and even a little country some but I mostly listen to worship music.
- Oceans by Hillsong
- One thing Remains by Kristian Stanfill
- Great Are You Lord by All Sons and Daughters
- Brokenness Aside by All Sons and Daughters
- Waiting Here For You by Christy Nockels
Top Things I've learned This Year:
- Age is just a number. Be thankful for every year, every month, every breath you are given.
- Life is Short. This life is just a VAPOR. I've been to many funerals in the last year. Make your life count. Every moment. Don't wait for things to happen to experience joy. We only get one chance.
- All that matters to me is my faith. All that matters to me is knowing Jesus and making His name known. As Rick Warren said - "I fear more the disapproval of God than I do the disapproval of men". I have a passion for people to know Him. I want to be faithful.
- No one has a perfect life. Everyone has things behind closed doors that you don't know about. Be kind. Be encouraging. Speak words of blessings. Be understanding. Forgive easily. Don't hold grudges. Life is too short for that.
- The What Ifs of Worry are a disease that can eat you alive. I have struggled with so much anxiety in the last few years worrying about things. God is in Control.
2013 was a year full of so many wonderful things. I'm praying I will be more intentional with 2014 and treasure each moment!