Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

This week has reminded me to be thankful in all circumstances - during storms, long power outages, car repairs, unexpected bills, people not always being nice, bad things happening to good people that we don't understand, etc. Life is not always going to be easy. But as Christians we must remember: "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:8)

When I get upset about things that happen in my life, I need to remember to be thankful for all I do have and that I have someone who already knows all that is going to happen to me and has promised me that he will be with me through all things. One of my favorite verses is "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17). What a great comfort in knowing I have such an awesome God that cares this much for me and loves me this much.

This is one of my favorite songs this week!! My favorite line is "it does not matter what tomorrow brings, I will say thank you..." I pray that my heart will always be in a state of thankfulness. Be sure to pause the music at the bottom of the blog so that you will be able to hear the song from the video.

No comments: