Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Today is the first day of 2010, and with it comes great promise and hope for 2010. These are really not resolutions more like goals. Just some things on my heart and in my prayers.

-a successful school year

-a successful new business in real estate

-a family mission trip

-to get in shape and be more healthy. I need to lose weight and exercise more this year.

-to do random acts of kindness this year. Paying for a meal in a drive thru. Helping a mom struggling with several kids in a store. Sending a note when you know someone needs encouragement. Sending anonymous gifts. Lord - open my eyes to people who need help and direct me!

-to be a more attentive wife and mother. I have been very busy this year and have had a lot of hard days. I just want to enjoy every moment with my girls this year. The days are long sometimes but the years are short.
I want to focus on giving Jody more of my attention. He deserves it.

- to be a better friend. I probably neglected a lot of my friends because I just felt overwhelmed a lot of days this past year. I want to do better at sending notes when I know friends need it, doing favors, and just being available to talk.

-to be a better Christian. I want to spend more time with God. I loved and worshipped Him every day - but I didn't always spend time talking to Him or reading His word. I want to grow in, with, and through my heavenly Father, holding TIGHT to the joy he has buried deep in my soul.

How about you? What are your goals for 2010?

No comments: