Friday, December 30, 2011

the gift

Thinking about Christmas brings to mind gifts. Well, this year I am thankful for the gift of homeschooling.

As I look back on this journey, I am realizing it is a gift that God presented to me five years ago, and I have slowly been peeling off the paper and bow, to reveal the beautiful gift that it truly is.

It is a gift that has given me more of my kids. Chances for relationships with them, time with them, and the opportunity to really get to know them on so many levels- being with them each day, teaching them.

It is a gift that has given me more of my beautiful Savior. I have grown closer to Him, seeing more and more glimpses of the other side, when I am drawn closer to Him each and every day.

It is a gift hat has given me friendships. I have been blessed beyond measure with the many friends I have made on this journey, and because of this journey. Kindred spirits, like minds, and sisters in Christ.

It is a gift that has taught me to lean on Him, and not my own understanding. To stay on His path, and the blessings are abundant.


This was a gift that I did not know that I wanted until it was given to me. And it has taken me awhile to unwrap it and appreciate how much I love this gift.

So I thank you Lord for your gift of homeschooling…

“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments: