Thursday, October 9, 2008

Very Thankful Thursday

Today I am very thankful for God's protection and guidance. Taylor, Aubrey, two friends, and myself were at Knoxville Center Mall yesterday when there was a shooting. We were eating at the Food Court when it happened. We were able to get out of the mall immediately and safely because of God's grace protecting us. We are all still scared and nervous.

I am praying for the family of the man who died in the shooting. I am praying for every person that was a witness of the shooting or at the mall during the shooting. I am praying that the children that were involved will soon forget what happened and that they will have peace and feel safety again.

We will be holding strong to these verses...

Deuteronomy 31:6" Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

2 comments:

Maria said...

I am glad you are all safe to.
That must have been very frightening!
I am thankful that this incident was not more serious and that your family remained safe.
Maria

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Hey Amy: I'm Sarah from BHEA. I saw your link on Abby's blog. Just wanted to say hi and so thankful you all were OK. What a scary, scary day. Have fun at Disney!