Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Putting God Back in the Holidays"

I just received "Putting God Back In The Holidays" by Bill and Penny Thrasher (Bill is a Professor at Moody Bible Institute)in the mail! I am so excited to start reading it. The author challenges us to rest in the midst of the busyness that comes with holidays.

This book covers all the holidays, from New Years to Easter to Mother's Day and Labor Day, and it is filled with practical and spiritual ideas to make each holiday special.

Thrasher says this is how we will know if we had a "successful" Christmas : "If you have a better relationship with the Lord at the end of the holiday celebrations, you have had a very successful holiday."

With our to-do list for the holidays, I find it extremely difficult to have quiet time with the Lord. How can my relationship with God be better at the end of the holidays?

Feeling closer to God at the end of the holidays is a challenge for me. This will be my December challenge. I will share with you more about what I learn in the book during the month of December.

No comments: