Sunday, January 23, 2011

Marriage

I have been thinking about marriages for some time. I don't know if it is because I have an anniversary coming up in a few months (hint, hint Jody!!) or if it is because Jody has been working out of town so much this past year that I have truly missed our marriage. I miss having him around, I miss having someone to talk with about anything and everything in life, I miss having date nights, I miss having him need me to do things with him, I miss buying him groceries and Coke Zero, I miss watching football at night, I miss having someone to help me make decisions about the girls, I miss my best friend :)

I see many couples who are married who do not even appear to like each other or who do not really spend time together as a couple. And so many couples who are divorced because they did not like each other and so many other reasons.

Praying for our marriages today. Mine and all of yours. Praying we all can celebrate 10,20,30,40, 50 or 70 years of marriage and still come out liking each other! :-)

I love this song by Andrew Peterson "Dancing in a Minefield" - it's a great song about marriage.

No comments: