Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Since it's Father's Day, I thought I'd share with you a little about the father at our house. The best way I thought to do this is to share with you some things that I had written in my journal almost one year ago while doing a Bible study. I was asked to write down the traits that made my husband special to me. These are the things I wrote:

1. He loves God with all of his heart. It is very important to Jody for us to be in a church where we will grow spiritually and use our talents to serve God in ministry.
2.He is a dedicated family man. I always know that the girls and I are his top priorities and he makes every decision with the well being of our family in mind.
3. He is a faithful husband - faithful to his vows, faithful to provide for us, faithful to help, serve, and work for his family, always trying to be a better husband and father.
4. He is not a demanding husband and is always looking for ways to make my life easier.
5. He is a great Dad. The girls love spending time with him and doing things with him.
6. He is very creative.
7. He loves to mow the yard and do the landscaping. He also will clean bathrooms (which is the job I leave until last when cleaning because I don't like it so much)
8. He loves to cook and grill.
9. He supports me in all my crazy ideas and does whatever he can to help me make my crazy ideas work.
10. He is my best friend.

I often pray for my girls and their future spouses. I pray that their spouses will be just like Jody in every way. You are the best!! We love you very much!!



Now let me say a few words about another great Dad - MY DAD!! I have not made a list of traits that makes him special (maybe I should find a Bible study about being a better daughter) but I will share some very special things about my Dad. He has been a great dad since I was born. He would work extra jobs and we would not get to see him very much during the week when I was young. He always provided and we never had a want or a need that he did not provide for. He has taught us about the love of God and God's faithfulness by taking us to church all our life and by his actions. He knows everything about everything!! He is always able to help when something breaks or answer a question at anytime of the day and I have tested ALL hours of the day. He is always ready for a basketball game or a bike ride with Taylor, Aubrey, and Bennett. Because Jody travels a lot, Papaw is the one that gets the call about something being broken - I have learned a lot about how refrigerators work, how dryers work, how air conditioners work, by "helping" when Papaw is fixing something in my house. He is the one I called when Jody was gone and we got home late one night from my uncle's funeral and our house had been hit by lightening. He came quickly to check things out and make sure the house was safe. There are so many examples of things he has done, but most of all he supports us and in all we do and he is one of Taylor and Aubrey's biggest fans. In their eyes (and mine) Papaw is the best. I hope you know how much we all love you!!



I hope everyone had a great Father's Day weekend,
Amy

No comments: