Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

From My Pictures


It’s New Year day, and I want to share my vows (or resolutions) for the near year

I vow to be nicer and help people more
I vow to lose 20 lbs
I vow to be a better mother and wife
I vow to reduce my debt.
I vow to eat less junk food
I vow to have less frivolous spending
I vow to have more family time


I can hardly believe it is a New Year. Where has this year gone? This year has been amazing. Today I'm writing a reflection of praise of 2008:

I praise you God for 2008 because:

*Taylor and Aubrey were baptized

*Aubrey who turned 9 years old

*Taylor who turned 11 years old

*Celebrating 15 years of a marriage and God's hand always on our marriage

*Bennett (my nephew) asking Jesus into his heart and being baptized

*The beach, the mountains, Disney World, New York City, Washington DC

*A scary road of sickness for me and a road of recovery that God lead all the way!!

*Safe travel for Jody on all his business trips this year

*Family

*Friends, new and old

*Laughter, Joy and Peace

*Get togethers with family and friends

*Saying good-bye to those who touched our lives

*Provision of everything we need

*Security and life that is found only in your arms

My amazing God,
2008 has been a great year. With many ups and downs Lord, one thing has remained the same.....you were there. Through every step, through every trial, through every praise...you were there.

Thank you for all that you did in our lives this year! I surrender 2009 to you and pray that you will do more amazing things in our lives this next year. So much uncertainty but still one constant.......you! Can't wait to see what you have in store!!

No comments: