Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Mom's Birthday!



Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Mom,
Happy Birthday to you!!

Today's is my mom's birthday (aka "Nana"). There are so many great things about my mom that I could not begin to list everything. I am so lucky to have a mom that is also my friend. We love doing things together and have a lot of the same interests. She loves my children just as much as me (although many times it seems like she may love them MORE!!) and cares for them just like I do.

A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother

I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.

I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.

You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.

(by Joanna Fuchs)

I hope you have the best day ever. You are so special to me and I love you very much!!

- Amy

No comments: