Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a little confession...

I have to say that I have had the the busiest and saddest 1 1/2 months I can remember. Everything has felt really strange. I've been out of my normal schedule for several weeks. I've been angrier than I have ever been. I had knots in my stomach for most of the 1 1/2 months both from anger and from the sadness of disappointment. I don't like feeling this way. I normally am a happy person. Seeing the ugly side of people has changed the tone of my life.

I was reading another blog and the lady was having the same feelings that I was having but for different reasons. She said this " I've said over and over again that the truth will be revealed and that we have to rest on God's promise that he will 'bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts" (from 1 Cor. 4:5)'. Yet I've allowed myself to dwell on the offenses, playing events over again in my head. I must let it go and dwell on what is important...two happy, beautiful, healthy daughters, a wonderful husband, and just life in general. The girls had their feelings hurt also in all of this, but they have forgotten and moved on. I need to learn and practice this lesson from them :)

That's really what it's all about.

Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.
(Psalm 103:4-6)

No comments: