Wednesday, January 16, 2013

a prayer


A God-sized Dreamers’ Prayer
God, your thoughts are not my thoughts {Is. 55:8}.
What you have planned for me is beyond all I can ask or imagine {Eph. 3:19-20}.
Yet you have also promised to reveal it to me through your Spirit {1 Cor. 2:8-10}.
So I open my heart, mind, and life to more of you–to whatever you have for me. Where there is ongoing fear in my life, please replace it with faith. Where there is a desire to hold back, give me the strength to move forward. Where there is a desert, lead me into the Promised Land you have prepared for me.
I embrace that my part is to pray, plan, and most of all seek you. And yours is to get me where you want me to go {Prov. 16:9Prov. 19:21}. Wherever that is, that’s where I want to be too. Because there’s no better place in this world or the next than with you {Ps. 84:10}.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth {especially my little corner of it} as it is in heaven {Matt. 6:10}.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

In many ways, God-sized dreaming is more about an attitude than an action. It’s living with an ongoing “yes” to whatever God asks of you.
It means choosing faith over fear.
It means moving forward instead of holding back.
It means believing God can accomplish His purposes for your life–no matter how hard things are right now.
Jesus said the two most important things in life are this: Love God, love people.
Simply say, “My dream is to grow in my love for God and people in 2013.”


No comments: