Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trust


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2  

I've found a new way to think of goals in my life that will hopefully  keep me properly focused. Instead of making my long list of ways I plan to improve, I prayerfully choose just one word to be my focus. Just one word that represents what I most hope Christ will do in or through me at that time. One word to give me direction.
It's not a regret-based word but a vision-driven word centering on the kind of person I want to become. It keeps me looking forward and upward.
You have to focus on where you want to go.  Your focus determines your direction.  Keep your eyes on Christ.
I pray that word, meditate on it, memorize verses with it, and use it to remind me to keep my eyes on Christ, trusting Him for transformation in that area of my life.

That word for me at this time is Trust.  Several areas of my life at this time could use some trust.  I must look to Christ and trust Him and turn over all areas of my life where trust needs to happen.

Psalm 105:4, "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." 

No comments: