Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am back!!!

I am feeling much better and I am so glad. I feel normal again, except that I do not want to eat, which may be a "new normal" for me. I have always enjoyed eating and could always eat a good meal or enjoy a good snack. I still get nauseated when I eat and I do not want to eat more than a couple of bites. But that is an improvement. I had a test last Friday. I hope this is the worst test that I will have to do ever. The stuff I had to drink so they could X-Ray parts of my body was disgusting. I feel sorry for everyone that was near UT Radiology last Friday. I was a horrible patient. I do not ever want to go through that again. I have 2 scopes this Friday. I am hoping they are not as bad.

Thank you to everyone who has called to check me and the family, for the cards, for the visits, for the transportation for Taylor and Aubrey, and especially for the prayers. I especially want to thank my Mom, Dad, and sister who basically had to care for me and the girls the first week I was sick. Jody was out of town because of work and I was too sick to take care of myself - let along my children. My mom would cook for us, take me to appointments, get my medicine, make sure I took my medicine, transportation to dance classes, cheer practice, and many other things.... She would let me sleep all day while caring for Taylor and Aubrey and doing everything I should have been doing. She would let me sleep on the couch while she cooked supper and made sure my girls were taken care of. Thanks Mom, you are the greatest. I am sorry that I have worried you and Dad so much in the last few weeks but I do appreciate ALL you both do to take care of me and my family. You all are the best!!

Thanks to Jody to. He missed the first week of me being sick because he was out of town for work. He would call and want to know how I was feeling but unless he talked to someone besides me, he did not get much information. I would be to medicated, sick, or asleep to talk much. So, he was away and not really knowing much about how things were going on at home. I am sure this was hard for him. However, last week he was home. He had planned on taking a few days of vacation last week because we had planned on going camping. However, those plans changed. So, he got to stay home and take care of things at home. You did a good job Jody. Thanks for all your help!

We have lots planned this week. I will keep you posted on our happenings for the week.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Amy,
I'm so glad you are starting to feel better!
Abby