Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Word

As I was doing my Bible study one verse really got my attention this morning.

In Psalm 81:10 God instructs, "Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."

In the study Lysa TerKeurst reminded me that God will give me what to say today. What to say in happy moments. What to say in aggravating moments. What to say in moments where I feel insecure, and what to say when I feel completely confident. What to say in disappointing moments. What to say in response to questions.

I also needed to be reminded that sometimes it is best not to say nothing at all. This is the hardest for me because I can always have a response.

One challenge of homeschool for me is having Taylor and Aubrey around me to see the real me ALL the time. They are always with me, wherever I go, whomever I talk to... to hear the words I use in every situation. Sometimes I will need to remind them to get rid of the bad attitude or to be careful with their words. Then I have to wonder, are they repeating and imitating the words and attitudes that they see from me?

My prayer is Psalm 86:11 "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth..."

No comments: