Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I have had lots of time to think lately while being sick. So "Thankful Thursday" is going to be about my thoughts on God's grace.

I want to live my daily life in praise to God. I want to remember that God gave everything. He gave His Son. He watched His Son die on the cross. He willingly sacrificed His Son because He loves me and He loves you. He has given me many wonderful blessings. I sometimes have a pity party for myself because I am not feeling good, I am tired, I have too much to do, I have to do something I don't want to do, etc.... But I want to live daily in a state of realizing how wonderfully blessed I am. I don't have a need that God does not supply for. God watches over me every day, every step I take, every breath I take. He gives me grace each day and for that I am thankful.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

The King Family said...

I am thankful on this Thursday that it is your birthday. I am thankful that God gave me you to share my life with. I love everything about you. I love the way you take care of me. I love the way you take care of Taylor and Aubrey. I love the way you always put us first in everything that you do. That is truly an example of sacrificial love.

I hope you can find time to enjoy your birthday in some way today. I wish I was there. It won't me much longer.

Thank you for everything that you do. Happy Birthday.

I love you

Jody